Saturday, November 1, 2008



SHANIKA'S MIGHTY





















My Birth

My birth was very deferent from normal children. Because of my muscles were not well developing from my birth. I was put in to a special category among them as. All my activities have been stopped up to that point. There are various categories also in disability and I was categorized under disability born children. All of my bodily actions have been stopped with my birth itself. Now I could not do anything even to move a finger without the help on you.

My family and Environment


I was born in Kiriella in the District of Ratnapura in Sri Lanka, a 3rd World Country of the SAARC region. The people in my village were still in backwardness in global communication and human recourses as they indulged in traditional beliefs and illiteracy. ‘Imagination and Creativity is the path to successes. As the global economy changes people have to be more aware of the world around us and make immense changes and efforts in order to survive. Some of us blessed with a fully functional body and a family, take things for granted and eventually does nothing with our lives. I however wanted to make a difference in the world. I came from neither a poor family which had no social concessions and neither even nor primitive facilities. The main living of people in my village was to earn a little by laboring the whole day and believe as the only satisfaction is earning for me. That is the common features of Sri Lankan Society. My family consists of four members including my parents, my younger sister and my self. They have almost a simple life style. My mother is a woman with traditional Asian orthodox characteristics but socially active. My relatives and neighbors also possess likewise characteristics. They look after their children them too and only bother about their meals in that way of living. In other words they are the people of primitive mind. Therefore I have no place that is sensitivity for me within my environment. So I always happen to live in my own hysteric world which is very difficult & far away to touch physically, mentally & practically.

My Education

You know been a disabled child very difficult to get a proper education and it was only a dream for me. There was no one at the time who can concern voluntarily to my home and teach me yet you don’t find such a person around my village. I could not attend to a school accordingly to my family background in vehicle. My parents did not possess money so as to give me the education by taking a teacher to my house. That was an under developed area in modern technology. Therefore I had to face a big problem to communicate with outside society. I was not able to communicate with the external world except and rather than postal communication. For example I could not have any alternative except to follow my Hindi Language course. Under such never reverse situation and circumstances it developed me a month or two to finish a lesson. Anyway there was an improvement I faced the same experience in studying English Language. Somehow I studied Hindi and English Language as well as compose a lyric for the broadcasting. There were my father and his contemporary friends and small with medium ideological groups who help me in great deal in their purpose. They give me the education to the extent as they had it. The contemporaries helped them providing me with the alternative books and magazines which they have and were available at the time. That greatly influenced me on studying subjects deeply. When I was my eighteen I reached to the maximum limit of education were up them my contemporaries there was no any alternative more than the normal way to my teacher who taught me Hindi Language according to the facilities provided while my staying at home.

My Social Approach
One will noted and will get a place when she gained a name in the society. Does I got a name as a composer as well as a writer when I reached my twenty. I got the experience and thesaurus for my compositions from my own environment. I may have a talent and intuition in composing and it was well developed and motivated by the proper education he or she receives. It will be half finished and incomplete when it doesn’t get without any education.
I had the ability of processing anything drawing or fictions. It was improved as I reached my education. I have experienced the influence of world masterpieces in producing my abilities. My mind and the way of thinking were communicated with my neighboring environment. Therefore I reviewed my abilities in front of process poetries and compositions. As I was entered to the society many were dedicated and gathered are behalf of me and announced my name as a writer and composer. You know such a person can build up civil power around him & her next.
My Social Activities

I don’t like to mention a social service referring to as a separate subject. Why if I wrote anything I have written it for the sake of the society and for the benevolence of the people, therefore we are not limited for the enjoyment and it would work for a certain service and a task. I think an artist in to be a person who reads the others. That’s with the course which I referred in the above para I had no opportunity to play as the other children. They were almost all are known as disabled in open society and I was the same. People except relief on they trees status and rocks but if they received the relief it can be shared with others. That is a wider human responsibility by rather than providing a meal for a beggar. I wanted to do something more than giving money to a person who comes to me. Most of the parents of disable children wanted to have short term necessaries to be fulfilled. I consider the matter to socialize the need for the development at the society. The main goal of my work to look in to how can I save him from recovering in such a misfortune I was limited to the particular disabled group at our beginning now I have intended to wider our field to underprivileged sector and I have organized a social helping organization under named SOUL. That means Support Of Underprivileged Lives. The social service ministry, Motivation Sri Lanka as well as Sarana Fund with several government officers and people who are love to people helped us in this matter. The help received by the interest of our SOUL Foundation help us to solve the problem and it will help is a great deal.
Most of the problem at the people who come to us will not get the solvents only by donating money he will be dead and gone out have another problem to face. That’s why I have established SOUL consolidate (Pvt) ltd under the courtesy of Dialog telecom in consequence and NENASALA IT training centre with the help of ICTA and it subject to the SOUL Foundation functioning through out the Ratnapura district to assist in these affaires. The profit of the enterprises flows to the community via the SOUL foundation. As well as we have schedule the programs to develop their lives with the concept of every young person as a leader Through SOUL Foundation, SOUL Consolidate (Pvt) Ltd & Nenasala IT Training Centre. SOUL stands for 24 hours for the betterment of underprivileged community.
What is a Nenasala?

Nenasala : this means global knowledge centre. Under this programme access to internet, telephone, content sharing and other valuable information services will be provided to the public in general and specifically, to the rural communities. This knowledge centre will serve as multi service community information centres too. The aim of this whole concept of creating global knowledge centres is to deliver positive economic, social and peace building initiatives which could be implemented on a long term sustainable basis.

No comments: